Are you a person who gained weight again after gastric sleeve surgery or any type of surgery and would like to try a gastric sleeve pouch reset to shrink the stomach? So stay tuned to get an amazing 10 day pouch reset diet.
What is a Pouch Reset or Gastric Sleeve Reset?
The stomach is a unique organ, It stretches to consume large amounts of food and then shrinks back to its actual shape as the food is pushed into the digestive track. Even after gastric sleeve surgery, The stomach continues to stretch and then contract. Flods of tissues within your stomach called regae, contract and expand in response to food (1)
The gastric sleeve can be a very successful option for obese patients who want to lose weight but that doesn’t mean getting gastric sleeve surgery will guarantee weight loss.
It depends on the patient. If the patient isn’t committed to sticking with a healthy diet, lifestyle and healthy eating habits then it’s possible the patient’s stomach will stretch after gastric sleeve surgery and this can help to gain weight.
Fortunately, there’s an non-invasive and effective solution to this and it’s called a gastric sleeve pouch reset.
Table of Contents
Why Stomach Stretching After Gastric Sleeve
By shrinking the stomach, the gastric sleeve helps patients lose weight by reducing hunger and restricting food intake. However, the stomach is elastic and resilient, and if you can’t adopt the right diet or healthy eating habits in the years following gastric sleeve surgery, then there is a high chance of stretching in your stomach.
There are few factors which can affect after gastric sleeve surgery-
- Eating Unhealthy or junk foods.
- Drinking water while eating.
- Drinking water within thirty minutes of eating a meal.
- Eating too fast, which can create gas that will stretch the stomach.
- Eating too frequently.
When the stomach starts to stretch, It can consume more food and you’ll feel hunger more actually and this can lead to increased weight gain and calorie intake. When a patient’s stomach does stretch after gastric sleeve, a non-invasive option to normal the stretching is a diet cast a gastric sleeve or pouch reset.
How Does a Gastric Sleeve Pouch Reset Help to Get a Shrink Stomach?
The pouch reset is a food restrictive diet that’s designed to help your stomach shrink back to its actual size it was right after you gastric sleeve surgery, that’s the reason sometimes it is called a gastric sleeve reset.
However, this restrictive diet follows under the supervision of a dietician or a doctor, just like the first post-op diet.
The main difference between the pouch reset diet and gastric sleeve post-op diet is timing, because whereas the post-surgery diet can last as long as ten weeks, the pouch reset is only required for about 10 days.
The Gastric Sleeve Pouch Reset Diet (10 day Pouch Reset)
The gastric sleeve pouch reset diet is performed for ten days and the diet goes from liquid to soft food. Here are the 10 days pouch reset-
The first day of a gastric sleeve diet is the same as the early days of your post-op diet, that means consuming only clear liquids.
- Jell-O(sugar free).
- Decaf tea.
- Decaf coffee.
- Sugar free Popsicles.
- Sugar free Drinks that are not carbonated.
Day 2 to 3
After the first day now you can take full liquids. Remember the goal is to not drink or eat anything that is going to stretch your stomach. So, You have to eat or drink these in very small amounts and control your intake to liquid consistency foods.
- Protein powder mixed with water.
- Sugar free pudding.
- Soup with soft noodles.
- Yogurt contains less fat.
- Thin creamed soups (No chunks).
- Sugar free sorbet.
- Oatmeal without sugar.
- Diluted no-sugar added juice.
- Sugar free ice cream.
- Thinned applesauce.
- Carnation instant breakfast.
Day 4 to 6
Now, you can start eating soft foods and pureed foods into your diets.
- Cottage Cheese (Low fat).
- Coconut milk or almond milk makes a great protein shake.
- Soups with no chunks.
- Scrambled eggs, great source of protein.
- Remember to stay away from meat at this point.
- Try to puree your food, it’s acceptable as long as it’s healthy and easy to digest.
- Stay away from solid foods to reduce the size of your stomach.
Day 7 to 9
After the 6th day of the pouch reset diet, you can start eating soft foods in your diet.
- Eat soft cereals and let your cereal sit in the non-fat milk until it’s soft.
- Eat Cheese but be in limit because they are high in fat.
- Eat soft vegetables like steamed or boiled veggies.
- Soup is also a great option.
- Eat Scrambled eggs.
- Soft and stemmed fish and remember to chew well.
- Canned salmon and tuna – Great source of protein.
This is the last day of gastric sleeve pouch reset diet and the beginning of the diet you’ll try to maintain for the rest of your life and that should focus on vegetables, minimal fruit, lean protein and other healthy foods.
- Start eating foods slowly and in healthy portions.
- Drink water at least thirty minutes prior to eating and 30 minutes after eating.
- Eat slowly as you can and chew well.
- Eat minimal fruits and stay away from sugar and nutrient lacking juices.
Gastric sleeve surgery is a safe and effective weight loss procedure, but unhealthy eating habits can cause your stomach to stretch after the procedure and this can help to gain weight.
Gastric Sleeve FAQ’s
Can I reset my pouch after the gastric sleeve?
When a person’s stomach does stretch after gastric sleeve surgery, a non-invasive option to correct the stretching is a diet known as pouch reset or gastric sleeve reset.
What does Pouch reset mean?
After the gastric sleeve surgery, the stomach continues to stretch and then contract. Floods of tissues within your stomach called regae, contract and expand in response to food.
Can I really Reset my Pouch or Stomach?
Pouch Reset diet should help you kick start your weight loss again and get you back on track. But it depends on personal wellpower to stay away from unhealthy foods which contain a lot of fat.
Why am I so hungry after Gastric sleeve Surgery?
In almost every case, patients may still feel hungry even if they are full after a meal. This reason is because the stomach is smaller and the brain may still use the past lifestyle and diet.