Here is a detailed article about Jorge Garcia weight loss journey and how he transformed himself to sacrifice his bad eating habits.
Also revealing which diet and workout routine he follows to manage an amazing weight loss plus we burst the myth about Jorge Garcia weight loss surgery.
Table of Contents
Jorge Garcia Weight Loss Story
Jorge Garcia’s weight loss transformation started in 2006 when he was featured in the movie named Lost. Afterward, the producer advised him to lose some weight to fit a role he was asked to play in the movie.
Jorge is also known as the largest member of the cast of Lost, and because of that fans recognize him with different names like fat guy from lost or hurley from lost.
Like other overweight people, Jorge Garcia has unhealthy eating and drinking problems due to which his weight increases gradually However for Jorge, being overweight is not a big deal for him but his family and relatives are concerned about him even Lost producers advise him to lose some weight.
How Jorge Garcia Lose Weight?
The way Jorge Garcia lose weight-
At the beginning of the Lost, Jorge decided to lose weight, he teamed up with experienced personal trainers and dieticians. followed workout routines and a specific diet plan called Nooch diet also known as nutritional yeast.
The doctor advises him to stay away from charcoal, dairy products, fatty food, and processed meals.
At the time Jorge Garcia started following diet and workout routines his weight was 400 pounds.
How Much Weight Did Jorge Garcia Lose?
At first, it is hard for Jorge to lose weight. He lost 30 pounds (13.60kgs) on the initial day of his weight loss journey. Meanwhile, he got tired and frustrated, went back to his old habits of drinking alcohol and eating unhealthy foods.
Even though he lost some weight in time of filming Lost, his weight gradually regained, and still had almost 400 pounds (181.43kgs) of weight.
Changing eating habits from day one can be a challenging and frustrating same case with Jorge Garcia after multiple failed attempts he came back and started again.
By the end of the lost series and after following the Nooch diet and workout routine Jorge Garcia managed to lose 100 pounds (45.35kgs) from his 400 pounds of initial weight, which means he leftover 300 pounds (136kgs) of weight.
If you’re just getting started and confused about which doctor is best for weight loss, check out this article.
Did Jorge Garcia Go For Weight Loss Surgery?
Jorge Garcia loses weight by following a workout routine and a healthy diet. Some doctors recommend Jorge go for gastric bypass surgery but he refused and stick, with his diet and workout routine even though many fans of Jorge think that he goes for gastric bypass surgery but he never goes for any weight loss surgery.
Which Diet Did Jorge Garcia Follow?
After receiving advice from friends and family, Jorge decided to lose weight without surgery by following a specific diet including the Nooch diet (Nutritional Yeast) and workout routine.
What is the Nooch diet or Nutritional Yeast?
Nutritional yeast is a dairy-free, gluten-free diet, Many vegan fans called the Nooch diet instead of nutritional yeast because Nooch is easy to pronounce. Nutritionists suggest sprinkling Nooch on your food could lose weight.
Nooch is a powdered, deactivated yeast that is rich in protein and its cheesy flavor is a favorite among vegan fans because it plays a role of a substitute for parmesan, sprinkled on soup and pasta.
Jorge Garcia Daily Eating Schedule
Jorge Garcia’s eating schedule is different as compared to other diet plans with different food requirements for each day of the week. His diet is filled with fruits, vegetables, rice, milk, fish, and chicken. Here is the 7-day eating schedule of Jorge Garcia for weight loss-
- Day 1: Only Fruits- He ate only fruits for one day a week without consuming other foods, as per the diet plan there is no restriction on how much fruits you can eat, which means you can eat as much as you want. The reason for eating fruits is consuming more fiber will help your body to burn fat.
- Day 2: Only Vegetables- On the second day of his diet plan, he switched from fruits to vegetables. Vegetables are also high in fiber plus it contains vitamins and minerals that are essential to maintain a healthy body.
- Day 3: Fruits and Vegetables- On the third day, Jorge can eat both fruits and vegetables as much as he wants but highly recommend moderation.
- Day 4: Bananas and Milk: On the fourth day of Jorge Garcia plan, he drank 4 Cups of milk with 8 bananas in the whole day. He can consume plenty of water before or after eating.
- Day 5: Fish/Chicken with Tomatoes: On the fifth day of the diet plan he ate 5 serves of 6 large red tomatoes and a single serving of chicken or fish filet.
- Day 6: Brown Rice and Chicken/Fish: On day six, he ate fish or chicken of a single serving but instead of tomatoes he ate brown rice of one serving on the side.
- Day 7: Vegetables and Rice: On the seventh or last day of this weekly eating schedule, he ate vegetables with no restriction of limits and one serving of brown rice the whole day.
As you can see, Jorge Garcia weight loss diet was pretty strict. While it works for him, there is no surety that it works for you that is why it is highly recommended to consult your nutritionist or physician before following any diet particularly if your weight is more than 100lbs.
If you want to drink healthy smoothies for weight loss then check out these 19 clean eating smoothies for weight loss.
Which Workout Routine Jorge Garica Follows?
No Weight Loss transformation complete only with diet. He exercises daily between 2 to 2:30 hours each day, with a combination of different exercises starting with normal body rotation exercises to bodyweight exercises and then shifting to strength exercises. Here are some of those exercises Jorge Garcia does to lose weight.
- Jogging and Running
- Stair Running
- Arms Circles (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Shoulder rotation (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Breathing exercises
- Neck Rotation
- Air Cycling
- Face exercise
- Wrist rotations
If you want more bodyweight weight loss exercises then checkout 15 bodyweight exercises for weight loss
Where is Jorge Garica Now?
Jorge Garica now lives in southern California with his family and dog enjoying quality time reading a book called All In Not Lost currently, he is 47 years old with a net worth of $5 million.
Now Its Your Turn
If you like Jorge Garcia weight loss journey then drop down your thoughts on the comment box, I see every comment and reply to each one.
Share to your friends and family if someone likes to read weight loss journey blogs.